Aluminum sheet bending is an important process and a type of work with relatively high technical content. The conventional thickness of the aluminum sheet mainly includes 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, and 3.0mm. You can control the thickness of the aluminum sheet between 15mm and 20mm. Before bending, it is necessary to determine the appropriate mold and then adjust the positioning. Sticking a protective film on the groove of the bending machine is also necessary to avoid crushing the aluminum sheet.
The conventional aluminum sheet bending process
1. During the bending process, it is necessary to carefully check the aluminum sheet processing drawings and requirements and determine the bending sequence before performing the bending process. In addition, according to the size of the bending inner angle, you should adjust the setting of the machine tool reasonably to ensure that the product can meet the size and quality required by the customer.
2. Special treatment should be carried out in special cases. For example, when a large-shaped aluminum plate is bent and formed, it is necessary to hold up the workpiece to prevent bending indentations from being subjected to a large bending moment on one side of the plate. In addition, punching, carving, and hollow aluminum sheets need special attention when bending, and the edges will crack if they are accidentally folded.
The effects of bending aluminum sheets
1. Rigidity increasing: The “L” force structure is formed by folding the edges, strengthening the aluminum sheet’s rigidity. For example, an A4 paper will bend when held in hand, but it will not bend as long as it is folded in half.
2. Aesthetics: Most people feel that the aluminum sheet without hemming is exposed to the outside world and has no aesthetic feeling. After hemming, the edge height of the aluminum sheet becomes higher, and the grade becomes higher.
3. Installation considerations: When the aluminum sheet is installed on the wall keel or the ceiling boom, there must be a connection point whose connection parts must not be exposed on the plane. At this time, hemming is often the best choice.
4. Splicing: The connection between two aluminum sheets, whether a seam connection or a close-fitting connection, is often not a direct connection of planes but a hemming connection. The folded edges are connected according to the standard, and the boards are naturally flat when spliced together. For stitching with seams, whether natural or glued, it is recommended to fold the edges at 90 degrees, which is convenient for gluing and beautifying. For dense splicing, the angle between the folded edge and the panel surface must be less than 90 degrees. If it is over 90 degrees, gaps will occur when the panels are spliced.
Four small details that need to be paid attention to when folding aluminum sheets
1. The technical proficiency of the operator: The relevant personnel must be very proficient in machine operation and can only work after relevant professional training. When bending the aluminum sheet, you must pay attention to your safety.
2. The size of the folded edge: The minimum value of the folded edge needs to consider the size of the fixture of the bending machine. If the folded edge is too small, the fixture cannot clamp the aluminum sheet to complete the bending. Commonly used equipment stipulates the minimum hemming value of 9.5mm when turning. That is, the minimum hemming size of an aluminum sheet with a thickness of 3mm is 9.5+3=12.5mm. The maximum size of the hemming should be designed according to the specific needs. The size of the hemming of the aluminum sheet is within a certain range, and it is not included in the cost. Usually, the maximum value of free hemming is 23mm.
3. Hemming length: The size of the commonly used aluminum sheet bending machine is 6m, which determines that the length of the aluminum sheet cannot exceed 6m. Consider planning for processing if it is necessary to make workpieces exceeding 6m under special circumstances. Grooves are made of aluminum sheets and bent by hand. However, strict calculations are required for grooving hemming.
4. Rounded corners of folded edges: During bending, the inner side of the aluminum sheet is compressed, the outer side is pulled, and rounded corners are produced on both sides with different radii. In the design, it is generally considered that the material of the aluminum sheet is uniform after bending, the strength remains unchanged, and the fillet radius of the center line of the plate is equal to the back of the plate. The actual size may vary slightly due to the technical level of equipment, technology, and skilled workers.
Things that need to be paid attention to after bending aluminum sheets
1. After the aluminum sheet is bent, handle it carefully to prevent bumps or scratches and place it on the trolley according to the area so the follow-up process can be carried out.
2. After bending, carefully check and inspect it. There should be no obvious scratch on the entire board surface. The bending angle error is within 0.5mm.